Buy A Case Of Six Wines & Get Free Delivery!
Add 6 more bottles for FREE shipping!
Your case: 0/6 Bottles | Add 6 more bottles for FREE shipping!
WITH THE 2016 VINTAGE WE WERE ABLE TO PRODUCE TWO OUTSTANDING, STYLISTICALLY DISTINCT WINES:
SYLVANUS ESTATE “THE CIPHER” YAMHILL-CARLTON PINOT NOIR 2016
- Blended from 50% whole-cluster fermented Pommard and 50% co-fermented 115, 777, and Mt Eden clones.
- 50% new French oak complements this wine’s spicy character, fine tannins, and muscular structure.
- This wine is deep and spicy, with notes of black fruit, dried fig, clove and cigar box.
- The cipher encircling the printer’s mark is solvable, with cleverness, patience, and an understanding of its story.
- Selected for The Pinot File’s list of “2019 Oregon Pinot Noir All-Americans.”
- Drink now or cellar for 10+ years.
"This tight tannic multi-clone blend is currently in a compact youthful phase. Tart cranberry and raspberry fruit express the younger vineyard perfectly, buoyed with ample acidity. The tannins are polished and compact. Drink this after 2020" -P.G. Publish 3/1/2019
There's a fresh and juicy feel to this attractive, red cherry-fruited style. The palate has crisp tannins and delivers plentiful ripe and elegant red-cherry flavors. Attractive drink now style.
Moderately dark garnet color in the glass. The savory nose is driven by aromas of fertile earth and sous-bois. Similar to the regular estate bottling, but with more brightness, energy refinement and polish. Spirited and delightful, featuring an array of dark fruits creating a bold imprint on the palate. There is some wild game character that intrigues. Blessed with a bold, but agreeable tannin structure, this wine will hold its own for many years to come. -RG 3/22/19
Sylvanus Estate is a small family vineyard located in the Yamhill-Carlton AVA of Oregon’s Willamette Valley. It is the only vineyard situated in the unique microclimate of stunning Moores Valley.Discover More