Buy A Case Of Six Wines & Get Free Delivery!
Add 6 more bottles for FREE shipping!
Your case: 0/6 Bottles | Add 6 more bottles for FREE shipping!
Empyrean Wines takes its name from the Empyrean sphere, the highest of ten heavens in the Paradiso of Dante’s Divine Comedy. Each of our wines is named for the heavenly constellation that we believe both describes its character and guides our crafting. In the long warm days, cool nights, varied soils and gentle influence of the Coast Range, we believe we have found a paradise for Pinot Noir grapes in the Willamette Valley’s Yamhill-Carlton AVA.
Empyrean “Lyra” Yamhill-Carlton Pinot Noir 2017
- This Pinot Noir is named for the ancient constellation Lyra, The Lyre. Like the instrument itself, Lyra is soft, melodious and graceful.
- Lyra expresses a balanced composition of Pommard, 115, 777 and Mt Eden clones.
- A restrained use of oak, with a mix of French oak barrels ranging from new oak to neutral, make this wine immediately approachable.
- Lyra exhibits deep ruby color, with notes of brambly fruit that give way to soft earthiness, fine tannins and a long finish.
- An excellent wine with food: pair with hard aged cheeses, charcuterie, wood-ﬁred pizza, poultry and roasted meats.
- Crafted to drink now or cellar for up to 5 years.
As consumers, we normally aren’t patient enough to wait for wines to truly hit their peak (after all, that’s why they can be so rare!). However, the wines of Empyrean were carefully cellared and only released as they hit their ideal drinking window. These wines, made in both Washington and Oregon, are a rarity, aged to perfection and absolutely beautiful.